Congratulations on your engagement, now it’s time to plan the big day for your family and friends to celebrate.
Wedding planning is a big job with a lot of work involved; everything from arranging the seating plan and food choices, to which song you want to have your first dance to - however do not fear! I am here to help you along the way, and this is where the fun begins.
Firstly I will introduce myself… my name is Katie, I am the Front of House Manager at Darrington Golf Club and I have worked here for 11 years. Yes I know a very long time I think I have been here longer than the furniture – which a good thing, it means I know what I am talking about (and the décor of our venue is by the way very modern and up-to-date!). My job is to help plan your big day, to tailor our wonderful wedding venue to your dream day, creating packages which are affordable, with great value for money whilst making your dream wedding come true. I will be here from start to finish; present on the day making sure your unique wedding goes according to plan.
To get the ball rolling, I have put together 'The Do's before I Do'
- 2/1 Year ahead - Book your reception & ceremony, Book the registry office or church, Compile guest list, Choose bridesmaids, flower girls, best man & ushers, Have fittings for bride’s and bridesmaids’ dresses
- 1 Year - Purchase wedding dress, Book wedding cars, Book photographer/videographer, Book honeymoon (check passport and visas required), Book music for registry office or church and book entertainment for reception
- 6 Months - Order wedding cake, Buy wedding rings, Order wedding stationery for ceremony and reception, Draw up gift list, Post wedding invitations, Book fitting for wedding dress
- 3 Months - Decide on presents for your attendants, Organise wedding flowers, Go to hairdresser with your head dress and book final appointment, Book beauty treatments, Check all wedding clothes are near completion, Compile the RSVP guest list and inform your wedding planner of menu choices and numbers, Arrange fittings or alterations for wedding dress
- 1 Months – 2 Month - Finalise your special day with Darrington Golf Club, Arrange seating plan for the reception if necessary, Buy cake boxes for those unable to attend
- Last Week -Do final check on all arrangements, Have your hen & stag nights, Pack your case for the honeymoon
And don't panic – I am just a call away, pop in for a cup of tea and come and experience our venue for yourself!